Friday, October 22, 2010

What can you bring up to date me roughly a vagal impertinence stimulator?

I know that is it opperated by a magnet and that it is hooked to the vagal fortitude in some means of access. My boyfriend is getting it done and I want to know the pros and cons of it.What can you bring up to date me roughly a vagal impertinence stimulator?
Do you mean the vagus courage? There is little information on it as it is a new procedure. It sends a small shock the the sassiness. It is similar to ECT (electroconvulsive therapy
) and is used surrounded by such cases as extreme bipolar, TRD (treatment resistant depression), and seizures. Studies show that it works pretty apposite. The only point is the costly procedure and risk associated with any surgery. I preference I could tell you more...I newly did a research project on it and ECT in college...and in that was markedly little bits of info on it I could find. I know I found some good info surrounded by the Harvard Mental Health Newsletter in my school's library. You can try looking it up online. Good luck and I yearning your BF the best of luck and hope this helps.
Here is a website that give some informaiton on VNS.
http://www.healthyplace.com/communities/...
Stimulation of the vagus nerve will SLOW your heart rate down. It is also particular as the tenth cranial nerve. It is usually lone stimulated in patients experiencing a swift heart rate or tachycardia above the rate of 150 beats per minute while resting. The pros; it slows the heart rate down to an reasonable rate, 60-100 beats per minute. The cons; it can slow the heart rate too much and inflict a loss of consciousness and or cardiac arrest.
I know that if you're not careful, you can stimulate someone's vagus self-assurance by taking their temperature rectally.

No comments:

Post a Comment